Sunday, December 17, 2006

Cookie Day was (in this hostess's opinion) a raving success!!

Cookie Day is over....and was it ever FUN!!! At least it was for me ... you'll have to ask our guests if they agree! I always feel a bit guilty-slash-frustrated because we have so many people & it's hard for me to balance out time to talk to all of them, plus I'm always running to answer the door or field a question or make some more tea. This year, the Northwest Pecan Treats were the first to go, which was a surprise ... but shhhh *looking around furtively* I have a few more hidden away! We had extras of every cookie we made, so I had stuff ready to restock, but we never had the ROOM. Our long dining room table (something like 108 or 120 inches long) was overflowing, so we put more cookies on my desk downstairs! A big shout-out to all of our attendees: Mike, Kaye & Dave, Julie, Mary Lou & Bob, Heather & Sarah & Bryan, Kim & Seldon, Mom & Dad, Wendy, Todd & Nadeen & Danielle & Elena, Sue & Bob, Mele & Tim, Kim Z, Jeff & Jessie, Barb & Larry, Traudi, Jason & Elizabeth, Janet, Tom, Marilynn, Matt & Eric! How many is that, anyway? THIRTY-FIVE! It's a new Cookie Day record for us, folks! I'm astonished! So, that begs the question .... what are we going to do with the leftovers? Yes, the above pictures shows the CURRENT state of our table...and there's a few ziploc bags & plates that didn't fit on there, plus I still have 3 containers of cookies from our own stash that didn't fit on the table. If you live in the greater Chicagoland area and want cookies, contact me. *smile* If you want me to try to mail cookies to you, send a self-addressed, stamped box ... just kidding! Seriously, if anyone wants cookies, let me know! *grin*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. I'm coming next year!!!LOL

Eleni Gratsia said...

LOL!!! This photo was satisfying enough ... thanks for offering to send ... very generous of you!!! :-) But I've seriously been full only by looking at the photos!!! I hope you'll find good homes for the rest of the strays!!!

Anonymous said...

susanne, you are too funny and I want that northwest recipe. I am baking all day today with my Mom so by 5PM I should be over run with cookie here too. you have to love christmas. I did tell my mom to be prepared for lots of photos today. she just thinks I am crazy. well she knows me so I guess she knows I am crazy LOL

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!! Look at that fabulously scrumptious table of treats! I want to come to your cookie party :) Glad you had a great time...you sure worked hard all week.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I would have loved to be there. I'm sure nobody liked the "screwed up- Nat's fault" toblerone Brownies. BTW - the NorthwesternPecanTreats are my faves - I'm hiding them so I can eat them all alone- LOL!