Friday, May 8, 2009

Let the geeking begin

Tonight, we're heading out to see the new Star Trek movie. I am looking forward to it tremendously & am absolutely thrilled that Rotten Tomatoes has given it a whopping 95%. We'd decided we were going to see it, regardless of any bad reviews, just because we really enjoy the whole Star Trek universe. Heck, I remember it being a treat as a child, to stay up late and watch Star Trek with my parents, on Channel 3. (Yes, kids, this was before remotes & our TV actually had a dial, no remote control, and an antenna!) Man, when Jerry Lewis had that telethon that interrupted my viewing of Star Trek, I learned to dislike him immensely. But I digress. The point is that I've been watching Star Trek in some form or another for many, many years. My apartment in the mid 1990's was referred to by many of my friends as "The Nexus". LOL. Anyway, we're going to see it tonight & I fully expect to be wowed.



I'll let you know how it is.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ohhhhh....the brother-in-law saw it last evening. Guess I shoulda asked for HIS review, eh?