Monday, April 9, 2007

figuring it out

Jack Handey cracks me up:

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey

I used to have a whole quote book of his. I think I loaned it to someone & never got it back. Such a wacky, irrepressible sense of humor. I think many of us don't "get it" ... a LOT of the time ... at least AT the time. Afterwards, just like we struggle with that punchline or can't figure out why everyone else is laughing, so much of life makes sense only in hindsight. But life isn't just about making sense ... it's about experiencing things. So, I often don't worry if things make sense ... I just make sure I'm living it. If I figure it out, later, GREAT! If not ... oh well!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh, how I wish someone woulda explained this outlook to me wayyyyyyy back. I mighta stopped taking life so darn seriously SOONER.

Nah. LOL I had to go where I had to go to get to where I was suppose to be.