Friday, April 20, 2007

Shopping.

How many days in a row can you go shopping before you're officially declared brain dead?"
- Brenda Walsh

Unlike some people (DAWN!), I can go without shopping for days on end...maybe even weeks. In fact, if I shop for about 3 or 4 hours, that is enough for me to become pretty brain dead. I just don't take pleasure in it. I know, I know ... many of you are just horrified by that idea, but I really am not that big of a consumer. I read somewhere that a bunch of people made a pact not to shop for anything other than groceries, toiletries, and things like gasoline/engine one for a whole YEAR. I could see myself doing that. I'm pretty good at trading, being creative, and the like. I like to see things find new homes. I liked the idea of Freecycle, but my area group just seemed a little too over-the-top for me, personally, so I bowed out. It doesn't mean, though, that I don't try to find new homes for unloved items, which, if you read my post on my first White Elephant party in January, you already know. So, my credit cards will happily stay home, and so will I!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Get in.
Get it.
Get out.

That's my theory of a good shopping moment.