Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Review: The Name of The Wind

The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One by Patrick Rothfuss


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Patrick Rothfuss tells a masterful story in an intriguing fashion. By the lead character reminiscing & telling his life story to a chronicler, the reader can see not only a story unfolding in the past, but the scene set (in future books) for how his life unfolds in the present. The protagonist's developmental years are covered in this novel, and although 90% of it is spent on his adolescence & the impulsiveness that marks him, he never comes across as painfully egocentric or bratty.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

oh yes! I second that 5 stars rating. Stuck in the airport a while back I was excited to see a "book one in a series" in the scifi/fantasy/magic category and was so thrilled with it. Sucked me right in and kept me reading. Can't wait to get my hands on book two (may even spring for the hard cover!)