Saturday, January 13, 2007

Done....and just in time, too!!

YAY! I'm done with my Christmas Journal! It took me a week to cut the chipboard for the cover & come up with a design. I decided to go super-simple, use up some of the lovely Pebbles Inc stickers I had left, and NOT to put ribbons on the rings. The top and right hand side of the journal already have all kinds of doo-dads sticking out [I did that intentionally], and I want the reader to have a solid place to put his or her hands while reading it. I like for my books to be user-friendly! But for now, it'll get tucked away with other journals or with my Christmas decorations to come back out in another 11 months! This class was tremendous fun, so imagine my delight at going to Shimelle's site to see she's got another class posted. Perfect timing!

11 comments:

Eleni Gratsia said...

Lovely cover for a brilliant book ... what size did you do it in? I can't remember!

Anonymous said...

You have a priceless treasure there girlie! Love your cover and all your work in it. I'm behind, but seriously, what's new? lol I will get it finished though!

Flapsi said...

Ooh, a gorgeous cover - love all the bits sticking out -really makes you want to open up and look!
See you in the next class then!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love how it turned out! Beautiful!
I have to confess that mine isn't finished yet...but it will be! :-)

inkyfingers said...

Love the cover, and all the entries you've shared!

Anonymous said...

Your book is wonderful! I wish I could get mine finished!

Georgia said...

Love this. So glad you managed to get it finished.....I'm still plugging away. I've got about 8 more days to put together, but at least I've journaled along the way so it's only a matter of DOING IT!

Anonymous said...

You are so *awesome* to have completed your journal! It turned out great too~!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job girl! You so inspire me :)

Lizzy said...

Loving how you decorated the journal cover... very festive, definitely. Who makes those cardstock stickers?

Kel said...

Saw the message that you had finished and rushed over to take a look! Totally lived up to my expectations. Gorgeous!