Sunday, April 3, 2011

We thought it was just an accident ...

This afternoon, I attached these dangling "Go Bugs" to the edge of her cradle. (They're meant for her carseat, but since when does Mommy do as directed?) I turned her on a side & rattled the one behind her. Sure enough, she rolled over to see what was making the noise! She then turned her head all the way around and watched it intently as I jingled it. I called Ken in to see & asked him to bring the camera. We thought what we caught was accidental, as shown here:








She batted at it & we figured it was just a fluke ... but then several more times later this evening, she's very intently reached out for it, and not even right after we make noise with it & move it around! Is that even possible? I didn't think that 3 week old infants could make those kinds of connections. Whether it's a fluke or a genuine learning moment, we're pretty darn pleased!

3 comments:

Kat said...

What a clever girl! She's looking gorgeous!! :D

Mel said...

Clever wee thing. But those bugs make such fun noises. Even I reach for 'em. LOL

She's too cute in her little pinkness.

Jen Mc said...

She's a GENIUS!!!!