Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The best Dresden Files book yet!

Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, Book 7) Dead Beat by Jim Butcher


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
The problem with rating book 1 of a series with 4 stars is that it doesn't leave much room for improvement, which I really should have! In the Dresden Files series, Dead Beat is the best one I've read to date. My friend who is loaning me books 4-8 says that they just keep getting better, and he is right. Dresden is genuinely torn between sticking to his principles and using darker forces to do the right thing. Does the end really justify the means? Many familiar faces make appearances, and the subtle comic by-play doesn't disappoint!


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'll have to check him out. I have just finished the Twilight series and I need a break from reading for a bit!