Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm back ... tired, but back!

After several days of staying up as late as 2 am ... and being back up at 7 am, for a collective 24 hours of sleep across 4 nights, I'm back from GenConIndy2008, which is the largest gaming convention in North America!

We ran a lot of games (This Game Sucks, Boy Meets Girl, and Supervillain University)...Played in a lot of games (Chicago Capers, Firefly Hero, Sky High, and Haunting House) ...
and wandered around the exhibit hall (full of computer games, board games, card games, role playing games, t-shirts, dice, costuming gear, foam weapons, art, and miniatures).
Suffice to say I had a great time with my friends & there were many moments I feared I do myself an injury in a fit of laughter. My face and abs were hurting from smiling & laughing so much! That being said, right now, I am also awfully tired and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again. I did manage to conquer the sofa bed at the hotel & had some pretty restful sleep ... just not enough, given how much energy I expended. And I took a belly dancing class & made a potholder ... but as those are not typical GenCon activities, I'll leave those for a different post.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome back!

Rest.
Gosh, I got tired just reading about it! LOL

Lisa said...

I've never heard of GenCon, but if it ranges from belly dancing to potholder I can only imagine! I'm glad you had a good time.

Jen Mc said...

Welcome back - glad you had a good time!
One of my co-workers went and had a GREAT time - he said he didn't want to come home.

Susie Q said...

It sounds like a lot of fun and little sleep! That is what going away is for!

Hugs,
Sue