Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a book I normally wouldn't have given a second glance, but it was given to me by a dear friend with a stellar recommendation. That, plus Sara Gruen's endorsement (her Water for Elephants was another surprise hit for me), was enough for me to give it a chance. I am so very glad it did. With wonderful pacing & eloquent writing, Garth Stein creates a fabulous tale with classic questions about the nature of the human spirit. I thoroughly loved Enzo's canine perspective, & I cried to see the inevitable come to pass. I cried even harder at the epilogue, but for different reasons. I will be happy to recommend this book to many friends, especially ones dealing with loss & love.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Jen Mc said...

I can't wait to read this one...thanks for the recommendation!

Mel said...

Uh oh.....
I have to say, I'm not so keen on animal stories (g'head and correct that perception....LOL). This being said from a woman who just finished reading on a whale.

*sigh*
k..maybe ...LOL