Some interesting things so far this year ...
(1) Found out my gas card was canceled, the hard way, when I went to get gas and it was denied. Further investigation reveals that our credit cards have all had their credit limits dropped to within about $100 each of their current balance. So much for paying down our credit cards so we'll have some "room," when we need to travel for the adoption process. Fit. To. Be. Tied.
(2) My honey cut off the tip of his left-hand ring finger while trying to cut little toasts out of sourdough bread. It resulted in a trip to the ER. He's meeting with his primary care physician later today so we can get an inkling if it's healing well enough, 4 days later, to just let it keep going or if it'll need plastic surgery. God, I hope not.
(3) We're changing gyms. The one we've been at for almost 8 years has changed its programming, and for $125/month for the 2 of us, it's not worth it, even if it's literally 3.5 minutes away from home.
(4) My part-time gig has evolved into a 0.25 FTE job. My full time job ... well, it's still a full time job. I am going to burn out pretty fast. I can already tell, because when it was only 6 hours a week, it was getting hard to manage lately. I took the job on just so we could pay off our credit cards (uh, see #1 above, right? Grrr.) and get some funds for the adoption process. I figured that when we adopted, I'd revisit if I wanted to keep it or not. I never thought it'd be a whole year later & I'd still have it. I'm meeting with my supervisor in 2 weeks to let her know my thoughts & concerns.
(5) I'm burning out on the whole online sale thing for Craigslist, Amazon, Half.com, and Ebay. I think that at the end of the month, I'll post things for one last hurrah ... and if they aren't gone by the middle of February, I just need to let it go. Too much of a headache. Okay, the Half.com stuff isn't ... it's easy to maintain, but the "inventory" is taking up a ridiculous amount of space.
(6) I'm trying to be positive, I really am ... but 2011 is not being very nice to me thus far. It seems like every 72 hours I get a "WHAMMO! Adjust to this, bitch!" notice from the universe. I'll figure it all out ... just one step at a time, right? A huge shout out to Kim, River, Jason, & Barbara, 'cause I know you've all got my back!!!