Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Best. Jam. Ever.

The peaches we procured on Saturday reached optimum ripeness today. So, time to blanch & shock them, so their skins will slip off.

Photobucket

Naked juicy peaches!! I narrowly avoided peach juice dripping down my arms to my elbows.

Photobucket

Put peachy goodness in a pot, along with lemon juice & whisk in the pectin. Bring it to a boil.

Photobucket

Add sugar & watch it get all foamy.

Photobucket

It was supposed to make 6 8 oz jars, but it made about 6.75 jars ... so we can have some right away without risking our holiday gift yield.

Photobucket

Dude.

Best. Jam. Ever.

I am in heaven. Maybe I'll just have to keep one of those jars for us. Or 2 of them.

Dang.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME! I am very impressed by your industriousness.

We live at high altitude so the growing seasons are short and weird here. We pick raspberries, blackberries and apples all at the same time - late August.

Mel said...

Whoa.

:-)

On toast even!
Great photos of the process. I could almost smell it. YUM!!

Chiara said...

very cool I think I am going to ask my mom to bring home some of my Grandma's recipes from upstate :)

Jen Mc said...

Oh yum!!! I think I drooled on my keyboard. :)

Anne said...

Hi there! I think that jam will make heavenly gifts! I'm with scrapperjen ... I'm drooling! Looks scrumptious! :-)