Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's definitely fall!

The house smells divine, rife with rosemary, from our dinner: pork tenderloin studded with garlic and rosemary.

I've broken out my wool socks, all comfy & fuzzy. Cups of tea and chai are sounding more and more appealing by the minute.

Apples wait in the crisper, destined to be eaten with a satisfying crunch, perhaps with some peanut butter ... or that nummy low-fat caramel dip I scored at the store.

It's been dark outside for about 2 and a half hours ... and I won't be going to bed for at least another 3. It seems like I live half of my life in darkness, now that Daylight Savings Time has had a chance to interfere.

The leaves that looked so gorgeous on treetops are now scattered on the ground. On my drive to work, I see laws that are seas of yellow, gold, and peach. Soon, they'll turn brown, but for now, it's a treat for the senses to see the ground awash in color.

Yup. It's definitely fall.

Now, I just want some snow. Please? I know snow is a winter thing...and everything comes in its time. It's just so hard to wait for it, now that the temperatures are down to 30F most nights!

6 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I am not ready for winter yet - I need to get used to the shorter days first. Next week we are heading to eastern Washington and we will most likely see snow in the pass. Your dinner sounds wonderful and so does a cup of tea.

Chiara said...

I know I want some snow too.

Jeff B said...

Your description of dinner made me hungry all over again. Sounds good.

As for the snow, we only get one or two days a year with about 3-6 inches. For me that's perfect.

Flapsi said...

Well it's definitely dark and wintery here now, no snow yet please though! Are you doing the christmas journal again this year?

Rachel said...

I am so not ready for winter..its not far behind!!!

katherine. said...

lovely post....isn't autumn awesome?