Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So, about my leftover books...

...as I look for places to donate books, I stumbled across the Camel Book Drive, an organization in Kenya! I will have to check into shipping rates & see if it's worthwhile for me to pass some of these along, but I thought I'd let the rest of my blog readers know about it. It seems like there is a huge need for kids' books -- the one type of books that's not well-represented in my leftovers -- but I will do some more reading & see what may appeal to this group!

6 comments:

Chiara said...

ooh I will check it out though I donate to Cs school

scrapperjen said...

Oh cool!!! I'll check into that.
(Ok - seriously, Susanne? Ice Ice Baby?) :D I almost fell out of my chair laughing when it came on. THanks!

Mel said...

Ohhhhhhh........now there's an idea for all those children's book I discovered when I was cleanin' out the storage room!

Tyvm, ma'am!

Nnairda's said...

Ds and I can declutter his book shelf. Thanks for the tip.

Man snow in the middle of March? Oh so sorry. :(

Cheryl Wray said...

What a great idea!!! McKenna and I were actually talking about some places to donate books today. We were thinking of the children's hospital nearby. I will check this out too!

Sarah said...

A friend of mine just showed me this site: http://www.bookcrossing.com/ I love the idea of it...and what a cool way to share your books :)