Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A very eloquent & moving statement

I didn't know much about California's Proposition 8 until just a few days before the election. And initially, I thought because I don't reside in California, it didn't have much bearing on my life. Until I heard the outcome ... and I had a deep sense of being disturbed. There was something about it that was so horrifying ... so sad ... so "off" that I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Well, Keith Olberman has put his finger on it quite accurately, I think.



For those of you who don't agree with myself or Mr. Olberman, you are more than welcome to leave comments. Just keep in mind that I respect your beliefs & your right to exercise them, and would appreciate it if you could do so without being hurtful.

5 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so disturbed.....
I found myself asking "HOW could this happen...."

He articulates it well.
And I, who don't follow papers, who doesn't open up a news website if she can avoid it--knew nothing of this Proposition 8.



Like Mr. Olberman--I do NOT understand....

crazierinreallife said...

he said it all. I am grateful I live in the the wonderful state of Massachusetts where my government has recognized EVERYONE has the right to love whomever they choose and that they may, if they choose, marry whomever they wish!!!! Love is love period

Mariangeles M said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Of course I remember you from last year, love your work!!

"See" you around :-)

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

yes - very well put. i am so sad that i could not vote to support the human rights of californian's and am EMBARRASED beyond beleif that my state of Ohio has a similar anti-human rights law. the things that strikes me the most in these cases is the people that now seem to think they "own" marraige (that would be the church) forget that it's original purpose had nothing to do with love, but rather transfer of property rights and recognition of children... someday. with hope.

Lisa said...

Very well said!