Friday, October 12, 2007

Ccccan I ggggetttt sssome heatttt???

The thermostat is set to 67 degrees F ... but it's only 59 degrees F in the house...
Yes, it's fall ... and the temperature dropping is just marvelous. I am a huge fan of cooler weather. OUTSIDE. Our furnace is messing with us, and we have no heat. It's not a problem at night, at least not if the temperatures remain in the mid-40's. Just thrown on extra blankets, snug as a bug in a run. During the day, I admit, I am not so thrilled to have to leap from a hot shower into a ice-cold robe ... or to have stiffened fingers struggling on the keyboard ... or to attempt to hand journal on a page with squiggly writing.

It is now just59 degrees in the house. (I seem to recall that one is supposed to keep one's home at 52 degrees or above, to prevent pipes from being damaged, yes?) A bit chilly for me, truth to be told. I've jiggled the furnace panel, which has done the trick in years gone by. Bits and pieces were replaced just 20 months ago, so I doubt it's anything major.

Still...regardless...it's COLD in here! I'm off to see if I need to break the skim of ice in my contact lens case. And to rifle through my recipes to see if I can find the ingredients for some muffins, or something to be baked. And possibly start some laundry, to get the dryer going. *shiver*

4 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Warm up the oven! :)
Fall is here....

Holly said...

It's snowing here again this morning...be thankful. LOL. And, enjoy the cooler weather. I know I can't get into the spirit of any of the fall/winter holidays when it is 90 degress outside. ;0) Enjoy your weekend!

katherine. said...

it is Raining here! and much colder than yesterday!

Mel said...

In Iowa pipes are fine at 52--it's that freeze point where it all gets messy and costly to fix.

But Brrrrrrrrr!
I'm thinkin' I can be grateful for the working furnace in this house now.
Oh, the things I take for granted, eh?

May you have a good, warm day today.....or a visit from the repairman?