Friday, October 19, 2007

Rescued, hoarded animals need our help!!!!

I just found about a horrible situation just one county over from us. An animal hoarder kept more than 250 animals (150 dogs, 100 cats, 20 birds I think was the last count) in a small house. The animals were living in absolute filth, and the agency that's undertaken their rescue is under a huge financial burden as a result. They are (wonderfully, thankfully) up to their eyeballs in volunteers, but need funds for medical care, stimulation (play), clean bedding, etc. I am going to review our budget & find some money to donate ... and I am going to gather up our unused cat-toys and mail them to them. If you'd like to see the whole story, you can go here but be forewarned, if you scroll far down, there are some pretty disgusting pictures and descriptions of their living conditions. Barring that, would you please consider sending just $5-$15 to these guys? Or mailing some toys for the dogs or cats or birds?

The mailing address is: Tails Humane Society, 2250 Barber Greene Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115

Thanks!!!!

Edit: Thanks to everyone who has emailed me & who has been willing to help out!!!! One of my fellow bloggers, ScrapperJen, actually lives out that way & said she'd keep me posted on any new appeals or needs that these poor animals have!

3 comments:

Chiara said...

oh things like this just make me sick so I will definately be sending something

scrapperjen said...

Oh this lady has some serious problems! The ladies (myself included) are off to volunteer at the shelter on Tuesday. They need LOTS of dog walkers and animal feeders too.
It is SO sad!

Mel said...

k.....this made me really, really sad...