Saturday, October 20, 2007

My surroundings

I opted to participate in Turning The Pages of Life's challenge to share some photos of our surroundings, so I made a little slideshow for you, the viewer. If you'd like to hear the music for the slideshow, please press pause on the black playlist on the left-hand column of my blog, then press the green arrow play button in the middle of the slideshow screen.



This time of year is especially beautiful. In the last 48 hours, we've seen a tremendous change of color, so it was wonderful to have another reason to be outside, with our camera, playing around to get the "perfect" shot. The lighting ranged from extraordinary to tricky -- and the photos reflect this range!

The barn shots are held over from a different fall trip, but a spot not too far afield from home base. It fit in nicely with the rest of the photos from our day today, so I decided to include them in the slideshow. Enjoy!


edit: P.S. Some folks are having difficulty with the slideshow ... so here are some of the pictures, to keep frustration to a minimum.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I couldn't get it to work. :( But I'm sure it's a lovely place.

Mel said...

Third time was the charm for me.

And what a lovely walkabout without leaving the computer chair it was!

Perfect day for a walkabout yesterday......thanks for sharing yours.

Adriann said...

Wow! You have some fantastic pics! I'm so happy that fall is here. I enjoy watching the leaves change color.

Amandeep Singh said...

Fabulous pics u have in here

Dalovely Damanda said...

ooops, I couldn't see it...but the little pics your posted are lovely!

Dalovely Damanda said...

OHhh, ok, it works now. So NICE! love the photos! (ps...your movie trailer at the bottom is on autoplay and was playing during the slideshow...it gave it quite a twist! haha)

Cheryl Wray said...

Ooh, I just LOVE all those pictures!! The colors on the trees are just gorgeous!!!

Berni said...

Fall is such a lovely time isn't it. I like spring and fall much better than summer, which is too hot and gull of bugs.

I know Illinois fairly well having worked for a Canadian company for a while based in Springfield and making trips to Decatur, Aurora, Champagne, Quincy, and some others I can't remember the names. This was during the time of Watergate.

katherine. said...

in addition to the playlist...the movie clip starts up automatically...smile.

such beautiful tress...I'm so glad you played along.

Debra said...

great pic's, you have captured the light beautifully