Tuesday, March 10, 2009

fake_antispyware.bmb has nailed my computer!

Last night, while playing Hammerfall RPG on Facebook, my poor computer got nailed. I've spent last night & all of today (with breaks for sleeping & getting lunch) trying to fix it. I've tried 5 programs & consulted with 4 different computer-savvy people. It is looking like my computer has been torpedoed, and I'll have to wipe the whole thing and start again. Luckily, I have all but the last 45 days worth of photos backed up to CD ... and most of the"precious" ones from that 'lost' bunch are at least accessible on my KodakGallery account. My computer expert, John, is advising me against saving files (iTunes, photos, word documents), because they may just reinfect my computer once I've got it cleaned. So ... if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why. And although Facebook has been fun ... it hasn't been SO fun that it's worth losing 24+ hours of my life ... and that's not even counting the time I was wasting on there. If you need me, post here & I can see it on my sweetie's computer occasionally [that's how I am posting now], meanwhile, just send me snail mail & use the telephonic devices. I hope I can remember my password for my email. I hate having to reset that crap up.

4 comments:

Dalovely Damanda said...

oh, that so sucks! sorry Susanne!!

John Peebles said...

MAN!!! Whoever got you involved with facebook! I would be SO pissed at him!

Mel said...

Oy geeze.....

I'm sorry to hear that.
I mean REALLY sorry to hear that. I know how upset I'd be.

*hugs*

kimz said...

rofl at John!
Ugh... You had to dump everything?