Monday, September 20, 2010

You are stunned for d6 rounds.

So, we got an email from the adoption agency today. Just an automated response to where we are in the timeline. And we learn, for the first time, that at the same time we cough up $10,000 for our activation fee, they want us to have the remaining balance sitting in a bank so when we match, we can wire it to them in 48 hours. Just one problem, we do not have $20,000 to sit in a bank. I mean ... WTF???? I was completely led to believe, based on the breakdown of when various expenses occur, that we would pay them at 2-3 different stages (depending on how far apart being matched & a baby's birth happened). We're applying for grants that won't get disbursed until DECEMBER. How in the hell can we have the money on hand NOW? My head is splitting. I just want to cry. I know that tomorrow things will be better & I will find a solution somehow, but I am just so very upset right now. I am just staring vacantly at the screen while I type. I hurt.

10 comments:

Chiara said...

OH Gosh Susanne that is just insane. I will be keeping you in my prayers and hope it all works out.

kaj said...

This stinks. Could someone from your family front you the money knowing that you would pay it back? Just have it sitting there so they 'see' the money there.

Mel said...

That ain't right......

Just sayin'.
Really.
That ain't right.

jacquie said...

So sorry to hear this! UGH!! You're in my thoughts!! {{{HUGS}}}

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie! What a blow!

I'm so sorry to hear that.

marge said...

I am so sorry. I am keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Janelle said...

It's so wrong. A big hug to you...I know you will figure out a way through this, honey.

Lis said...

Hugs Susanne! I'm so sorry you keep getting run around and knocked down.

Jen Mc said...

OMG Susanne!!!! HUGS!
I can't believe it as I read this...
Sending even more good thoughts and prayers your way!

Sian said...

I'm hoping so very hard for you that you can find a way through this new hurdle