Sunday, December 18, 2011

Where did the week go?

Oh, yeah ... I know. Cleaning up from Cookie Day. Distributing cookies. Packing away the gear we use only once a year. Rearranging furniture in 3 different rooms. Sending out the last few Christmas cards. Working. Caring for Alexandra. It's all coming back to me, now. I also have been able to stay pretty current with my JYC pages, just not having much luck getting time to photograph them, upload them to the computer, crop, and then upload to the web to share. But now, during some quiet moments, here I am!

The page on the 11th was sorta about Christmas trees ... or at least about Alexandra helping decorate ours.

JYC11

And rather than write about Christmas Past, let's write about Cookie Day Present!

JYC12

And no comment on Christmas Music ... much more fun to show Alexandra holding this year's Christmas Journal while sitting at my scrapping table!

JYC13

The 14th is about Alexandra being patient while we made a LOT of homemade gifts. I don't want to post it for fear that some recipients will SEE what we made! You'll have to wait.

*grin*

And I've written a lot in the last 5 years about visitors ... so I'd rather comment on Alexandra's continued fascination with the tree & include the tag that was on the tree when we bought it.

JYC15

The 16th is on a subject that would also reveal some gifts ... so you'll have to wait for that one, too, until after the 25th. *grin* Alexandra was an active participant in that one, too, not just a mere patiently-waiting-and-entertaining-self- baby!

I switched the topics for the 16th and 17th, inadvertently, so the 17th is now about Christmas Gratitude. It should've been about the Perfect Gift, which would've fit just fine, too. *grin*

JYC17

I'm feeling a lot of happiness right now, let me tell you. I read through entries from my adoption/baby journal from the beginning of 2010 until just recently. Profound life changes & more joy than I can accurately convey through the written word.

2 comments:

Jen Mc said...

I am SO glad you are enjoying your holiday! Kids make it more special than it normally would be. You & Ken are SO blessed, as is Alexandra!!!!
HUGS and best holiday wishes to you all!

Mel said...

:-)

I'm smiling, remembering where it was the last couple of years. What a journey to HERE, eh? How WORTH it!

Yup--definitely smiling......

And now I'm waiting patiently to discover the surprises in the photos. LOL k...maybe not 'patiently.....