Thursday, January 24, 2008

I got my snow!!! (and other things)

Finally! Some snow! *grin* I mean, if it's going to be cold outside, it should at least be pretty, too, don't you think? It's currently ONE degree outside. ONE. And with the windchill, it feels more like 15 below. Hey, this is why I OWN scarves and hats and mittens, right? So, I'm just bundling up & going out & doing my stuff. I'm impatiently waiting for the phone to ring so I can meet my good friend, Kim, for lunch. Ring, phone, RING! I got up & just got going & somehow, totally forgot about breakfast (that happens about once a month ... for the same reason, just getting busy & not thinking), and now I am starving. Luckily for me ... well, maybe it's not LUCK ... I was not tempted at all at the grocery store to get junk. My Wellness Journey class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking ended yesterday & the results are in. I am down by a whopping 2 pounds & o inches. I also know, however that these numbers are a bit skewed, given where I took my initial information down & where I am in my menstrual cycle today. I do know several things for a fact:
1) I am less interested in refined & processed foods. I brazenly walked down the cookie aisle at the store, with absolutely no interest in any of it.
2) I am making better choices in buying foods & in eating foods. I am just better at walking away.
3) I physically feel stronger, more agile, and more clear-headed. Bonuses all of them
4) I am going to continue this process because it feels good & I feel good, and I care only the tiniest bit that the scale's not reflecting that this morning. And know what? That's the BESTEST thing of all, hands down!

9 comments:

scrapperjen said...

Good for you! Sounds like you doing great. Yes, I know you got your snow...could you help me wish the cold away?
See you Sunday! :)

Juliann in WA said...

Check out the body and soul challenge at marthastewart.com - lots of good ideas to keep you motivated.

Mel said...

Awwwwwwww.......what a GREAT thing!

AND snow on top of it!

YEAH for you!

(and yeah for me that we didn't get one flake today! LOL)
(want more? LOL We could box some up!)

Perry said...

I second the Good for you! Just keep on and the weight and inches will eventually go, and you will feel wonderful. glad you got your snow, we are due some ice tonight. I am SO excited, lol. WOn't be going after thread tomorrow! :>)

Dalovely Damanda said...

Susanne, I proud of you! You're doing a great job! Keep it up! :)

Heather said...

Hey! Great job! And I'm sure you've built muscle, too.

Chiara said...

so glad you got your snow.

Cheryl Wray said...

Good for you!!!! I am a weak person who cannot walk down the bakery aisle without having a drooling session!!!! Maybe someday I'll get better...

We also got snow last week. First time in YEARS, so it was very exciting!!!

Debra said...

good for you, I wouldnt mind some snow down here it very hot and humid :) enjoy