Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to School

Most of the kids I know are already back to school, and it's such an easy thing to take for granted. Here, in the good ol' U S of A, going to school is pretty much a standard thing. So, just for a moment, do me a favor. Visit GlobalGiving's Education site (yeah, just click on the underlined bit there, you know how it works) and consider giving up a couple days' worth of your morning mocha, collecting the change in your cushions, or perhaps asking your own kids to take a small hit on their allowances -- and give a kid somewhere a chance at a much better life, please? Just CONSIDER it. If you're not in a financial position to do it, that's okay ... just sit for 60 seconds and think about your school experiences, and those of the kids you know ... and compare it to some of the kids around the world. Then, give me your thoughts. Go on ... do it!

5 comments:

Kel said...

Thank you for the timely reminder of how lucky we are. I have bookmarked it and am going to donate the proceeds from the next decluttered item I sell. (Major decluttering going on here!)

Mel said...

Oh now there's an idea, though we have a fund drive every year for kiddos going back to school.

I'm thinkin' I might steal some of their ideas!

Anonymous said...

Hiya hun- long time no chat - I have been a really bad blogger and I apologise for that... hope you are OK... children back at school - Carly starts college on Monday and it will be very strange not having her around... Have a fantastic weekend :D

Theresa Tyree said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

ellen s. said...

thank you for the link, owen likes to take some money out of his piggy bank too for these kinds of things.

TFS! oh and i love your pic of the apples at the farmer's market! YUM!