Sunday, September 30, 2007

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, adieu!

Yesterday, we went out to Coronado Island to look at how the other half lives ... and plays! It was great fun to explore the Hotel Del Coronado, built in 1888. It's seen its share of ups and downs -- on a day like today, a brilliant, sunny San Diego Saturday ... it was definitely in an UP mode.
Afterwards, we took the ferry downtown, and I got to see some awesome sights along the skyline.

Later in the evening, I was thoroughly entertained with the musical, comedic, and magical stylings of Hugh Butternut, Bobby Bean, and Buzz Maxwell, at Triple Espresso! It was just laugh-out-loud good fun! Check 'em out, if you're in one of the cities they tour. Here (L to R) we are: Buzz, Bobby, and ol' Latharia!

In mere minutes I skedaddle for the airport. My friend & her family were just divinely wonderful hosts ... maybe they should operate a guest house & you all can experience it for yourselves! *grin*


7 comments:

Mel said...

Oh.....pick me!

Well, that's pick me if she signs up with the guest house/hostess with the mostest deal.

If not....pick me anyway.LOL I know I just had beach time, but I'm greedy! :-D

And thank you, ma'am.
The pumpkin headery photo arrived safe and sound.
I've ooooh-ed and ahhhhh-ed all morning. :-) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Chiara said...

so glad you had a wonderful time. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

hiya hun - long time no chat LOL ... photo's are looking gorgeous - and very jealous of your sunshine :)

scrapperjen said...

Glad you had a nice time - it looks wonderful!

lacintha said...

Wow! Looks like an awsome time!!!! :)

katherine. said...

hey...were you anywhere near that freeway collapse? What a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

Don't you ever stay home? =)

Looks beautiful, me jealous!