Saturday, September 8, 2007

A wonderful Saturday!

Today, we went downtown with my parents-in-law & our friends/neighbors, and it was just delightful fun. First, we browsed at the farmers' market, which now has pumpkins for sale!
After our brief stroll (and purchases of scallions, onions, red bell peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, honey, and olives), we sat down to enjoy some kettle corn, which was oh-so-yummy! Then, I went back and bought some blueberries to share. Don't they look delicious?!

We then wandered around the Fine Arts Festival, where there were all kinds of fun & creative stuff to admire & covet. The most humorous element of the day goes to Eve, for her "decorative squid." I can't (yet) come up with a good reason I need a squid. I just think they are amusing as all get-out. So, I've book-marked her online-store -- and now you can visit it, you know, if you need a decorative squid. Or other cool felted stuff that she makes. Like a stylish bag. I don't even OWN a "bag", but I could tell these were kitchy fun.
We enjoyed lunch at Emmett's Ale House & then we found our favorite artist, Mary Lou O'Brien, who, unsurpisingly won "Best of Show" and presented with a ribbon by the mayor! *grin* She said that her summer had been outstanding. She's won awards at 3 out of her last 4 shows ... so now she can add a 4th one to her tally! How cool is that?? Congratulations!
The day was just delightful, full of fun, companionship, beautiful weather, gorgeous art, and tasty food -- does it get any better than this? I think not!

13 comments:

Mel said...

Decorative squids, eh?

*thinking hard*
Nope.....can't think of one good thing I can do with a decorative squid. LOL But you gotta admit they're creative?

Excuse me while I now stare longingly at the pumpkins. LOL

Kel said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Love the pumpkins and blueberries too - enough to forgive you the sushi comment, heh heh (it was vegetarian though, if that helps!). And thanks to you I know what kettle corn is, I'll have to try it someday.

crazierinreallife said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!

Holly said...

Get out! Those squid are great! I'm with you though...I have NO IDEA what I would do with one. Thinking, thinking...

ScrappinMyRoots said...

The decorative squid is very humorous!

Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Patti said...

What a great way to spend a day!
Thanks for sharing with us!!

Peta said...

I love those squid. My son has an ocean theme bedroom so it would fit in :)

Adriann said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I would have a had a ball at the market you went to. Lucky! lol!

Laurie

scrapperjen said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Decorative squids....hmmmm.....

Adriann said...

I just visited the RAK winner and man SHE SCORED!!! I'm jealous...

ScrappinMyRoots said...

you have been tagged! come see.

Dalovely Damanda said...

sounds like you had a blast! those blueberries look yummy!