Tuesday, May 15, 2007

not too much trouble

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me. But, I think she enjoyed it."
-----Mark Twain

You'd have to ask my mom if I was troublesome, but I suspect I know the answer. I'm pretty sure it's "no." I know she wanted me to grow up healthy & sane, but barring that, I don't think I gave her too much cause for concern. Well, that's not entirely true -- we're wired differently, emotionally, and I know there were plenty of times I had intense feelings and she just didn't have the faintest idea what to do with me. But as far as being troublesome, I'd have to say no. I can only hope I'll be as blessed with any offspring. *grin*

1 comment:

Mel said...

I..........was a very naughty child.

Yep.
No doubt about that one.
I'm not sure my parent had a lot of fun with it, either.