Saturday, March 24, 2007

Along the way...

Thursday's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. -- Lewis Caroll

I almost always know where I am going, which means I also need to how I'm going to get there. But when I have a hazy, ill-conceived idea of where I want to wind up, it is a distinct pleasure to meander around until I find my way. I've learned that I can find all kinds of interesting places on the journey -- hell, the journey is some of the best part. Just not the bits that leave me stuck in a dull airport, squished into hard plastic bucket seats, compelled to remain at the gate. The rest of the trip, though, can be pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ohhhhhhh...good quote.

Kinda like that 'move or be moved' thing that gets said to me. Any road is better than sitting down and having a tantrum when I'm not sure which path to take. LOL
(yes, I've been known to toss a tantrum or two when I don't get handed a 'roadmap'!)