Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hmmm....how do I get this open?

The cats, with a little help from me, captured a mouse in our study today. They kept tracking it down and preventing it from leaving the room ... and I moved furniture out of their way & trapped it under a mug when Isabelle pinned it down. Our cats are so clever! I rewarded them with treats for their hard work, after I secured the mouse in a container. Comet was not quite sure what to do with the mouse so close ... and yet ... so unreachable! I let the mouse go in the field near the gym. He paused briefly, then scampered to safety under some trees and undergrowth. With our rains, he should be able to find even more camouflage in the next few hours.

7 comments:

kaj said...

That thing looks too much like.............a hamster.

Anonymous said...

you are so much nicer than i am! the bugger would have been in my freezer for a nice cold nap, or in between steel and wood. i guess that's why karma is always bitting me in the butt? hm.

Mel said...

Good girl!! I wouldn't have had the help of the felines in capturing him but I wouldn't have killed the little fella.
Heck, I free spiders to the basement.

Come to think of it--I probably wouldn't have freed the little mousie.....
I probably woulda kept him as a pet and named him Ralph. *hanging head* Sadly true....

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wow, what a brave woman, I would have screamed and climbed high on a table!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

The wee beastie must literally have been scared poopless - such a clean tupperware! :p Comet is gorgeous :)

Georgia said...

Okay, you are the bravest woman I know! We had a mouse in our house about 4 years ago, the cat found it behind the garbage can, chased her in my direction, I climbed (screaming) onto the kitchen chair, it went behind the refrig and dh set a trap and we had caught it by evening. I'm totally freaked by mice and I admire you!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is hysterical