Monday, March 5, 2007

How your life turns out

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

The first step in getting what you want out of life is this: decide what you want.

-Ben Stein

I completely agree. If you don't know what you want, you could be lucky enough to have it fall in your lap and you'd never even know. You run the risk of missing opportunities & tossing chances aside inadvertently, if you haven't identified your best dreams and goals. I try to check in with myself regularly, to ask myself what I want. What I want out of life right now is pretty simple, and I can, for the most part, just float down the river, letting it happen. Just a tiny bit of steering here and there, and I am confident I'll be very happy with my life. I'm thrilled with how it's turned out so far.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Okay, I admit it. My natural, oppositional, nature give me the fist instinct to disagree. LOL (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

I can want what I want--set my goals and work my tushie off, and still fall short of getting what I (originally) thought I wanted.
Truth is I always end up with so very much more than I set my sights on to begin with.

HEY....so maybe I DO agree! LOL If I'm chasing what I want and end up with exactly what I needed outta the deal I WIN every time!!
Woooooohooooooo!!
(nevermind...LOL...I now think I agree....)