Sunday, December 2, 2007

I DO know what I'm doing!

I've been baking since I was ... oh, gosh ... maybe 5. When I was in middle school, I aspired to be a baker & even apprenticed at a local bakery, making bears claws, sticky buns, and various kinds of cookies. I made a decent amount of money by decorating cakes & selling them to friends & family, when I was only 13 years old. I do know what I'm doing, here. So, I am at a complete loss as to why the Toblerone Brownie recipe keeps coming out wrong. Baking is a science. Add these things in this order and bake at this temperature in this pan ... it should work. But it doesn't. It's becoming quite comical. I got the recipe from Nat last year ... and it turned out there was a tiny conversion error, resulting in not the required 1 1/3 cups of sugar, but 3 whole cups. Oh well. We fixed the error, and I looked forward to making it this year. They've just cooled down enough to cut, and guess what? They crumble into tiny pieces, about half an inch big. *slapping forehead* I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. Ah, well. Live and learn. And they'll be good on top of ice cream. :D

2 comments:

Kel said...

Latharia, you are making me too hungry with these and the cranberry pecan tassies. Your Christmas journal pages are looking gorgeous. I've decided reluctantly that I can't do it this year as I have a whole album to make for my in-laws before Christmas! But your pages make me wish I could...

Dalovely Damanda said...

YUM. brownies, whether falling apart or not still rock!