Saturday, December 1, 2007

Journal Your Christmas, Day 1


Here's the text for today's page: "It’s December 1st, and we’ve received three holiday missives so far. All of mine are currently out in the mailbox, waiting to be retrieved by the mail carrier. I just could not bring myself to mail them any earlier than today, just like I couldn’t stand to break out any holiday decorations until now, either. Today we’ll be pulling out all of the decorations & going through them, to see which ones to keep and which to donate elsewhere.

This is the second year I’ve created a journal about how I experience the Christmas season. I hope that it will continue to keep me focused on the aspects of the holiday I love: celebrating loved ones, enjoying wintry weather, and the excitement of gift-giving. So many people become crabby and bitter at this time of year. I want to do what I can to balance that out, and without being too sappy, to spread some love into the universe.


So, with that being said, I am going to also get started on spreading some carbohydrate love, and try out the recipe for cranberry pecan tassies. After we sample them (a necessity, don’t you think?), pop them into the freezer for Cookie Day on the 16th. I’ want to get a good picture of them for my cookie album. . . and with the forecast for snow & ice, I’d better hop to it, before the decent lighting fades altogether!
"

The net result for today? (a) no more holiday cards in today's mail (b) all decorations have been unearthed, and will be sorted tomorrow (c) I got out last year's journal & was so happy to see it! (d) the cranberry pecan tassies turned out WONDERFUL (see the post below for the recipe) (e) our pitiful amount of snow has been subsumed under about 1/4" of slushy ice. (f) I've got the first page done in my journal! Whee!!

Oh, and hop over to The Bunny's Bungalow to check out her very generous holiday giveaway. Please do mention that I sent you, if you wander over there!

15 comments:

Kim Winter said...

I love it! It is such a great layout. I need to take a picture & upload my layout. I did it. lol. one day down!

crazierinreallife said...

great job susanne. love the photos

Unknown said...

love your first JYC page! Esp. that stuffed mailbox. :)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

beautiful - love the photos and desing!!!

Trish said...

Love it! And I love the sound of Cookie Day, too!

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Gorgeous photos, heartfelt journaling and beautiful pp all add up to one fabulous page!

Juliann in WA said...

I love your first page - the pictures are a great addition. I can't wait to work on my first two pages and do some prep work on the other pages this afternoon.

tiz said...

Great page, I love the design and the beautiful pictures, the one of your mailbox is wonderful :)

Eleni Gratsia said...

Another beautiful start!!! :D

Ah, and I'll be ooohing over your melt-in-your-mouth sweets! :)

Good think I'm on a diet!

loumaroo said...

an awesome layout. love the pics and the journaling. great job.

Sonia said...

Love your page. This is my first year doing the christmas journal. Very exciting!

Linda said...

great start susanne!

Kos med papir og saks said...

wow, fantastic layout. I love the photos and the journaling. can't wait to see more

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely idea and your layouts are great!

Mel said...

Because I'm late *grumbling* and wayyyy messed up on the posts, I went backwards to delight in all that you've celebrated and accomplished.
Wow.

Bless your heart.
What you say and how you say it is a testimony to the loving person you are.
And thank you--for sharing it with all of us here......
((((((( Latharia)))))))))))

Happy Holiday!