Sunday, December 9, 2007

Journal Your Christmas, Day 9


The challenge for today was to consider traditions & then to do some "hidden" journaling. So, here's the good stuff, hidden in my handmade envelopes:

Connecting with loved ones in person, on the phone, and by mail (snail or email)

A fresh cut Christmas tree, decorated with colorful lights and heirloom ornaments

Not being able to fall asleep, on account of all the excitement with Santa’s arrival

Lounging around in the comfiest attire possible, for as long as possible

Boston Pops’ Christmas Party and Porter Music Box Christmas (LPs or CDs) playing

Emptying stockings, first thing on Christmas morning, finding trinkets and treats

Taking turns to distribute gifts to recipients a few at a time - no making piles of gifts to open!

Mindfully opening gifts on Christmas morning, one at a time, paying attention to whoever is opening a gift, followed by thanking the person who gave the gift (if that person is in attendance), then writing down the gift and the giver on a notepad

Writing thank you notes, on Christmas afternoon, to any gift-givers who were not present during the gift opening

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mduky
I am so impressed that not only are you posting but you have MUSIC TOO. DH is trying to post my efforts for the week at the moment. You have done some lovely work

Mel said...

Holy cow......

Not only have I missed a few posts (about a dozen!), I've missed all the pretties you're creating!

Silly blog reader--gonna haffta fire it. LOL

*going to catch up*
WOW have you been a very busy person!

CloClo said...

I'm loving your journal entries so far - especially Day 8, really funky look. Clo xxx

Trish said...

Love the journalling hidden in the little envelopes!
Trish x

Chiara said...

I love your entry

Flapsi said...

love those handmade envelopes - fab!

Sandra said...

I love your journaling,your Christmas sounds beautiful. I finished school today, now to catch up.

. said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your journal entries, they're gorgeous. I love the little envelopes on this one. Can't wait to see more.

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Beuatiful Susanne. I love the pp and the evies are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

ok so this rocks again!
great job! I have never done hidden journaling. wow!

hey, check out my blog... :)

Michele said...

Just love this page! Its beautiful - full of secret promise!
(Looks like you and me both are getting a bit behind girl! I've got the rest of the week off so will be catching up on mine.)