Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A change in the weather

It's spring, so you know what that means...

"In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours."

----Mark Twain

... Mr. Twain has it right. At least in my neck of the woods. I was fully prepared for chilly weather today. The air was downright nippy last night. Today, I go out with a t-shirt and hoodie and feel horribly overdressed. It seems like even though weather forecasters get better and better with passing years, spring still wreaks havoc with the most advanced computer models. One big practical joke on the part of Mother Nature. And I'm right there with her, laughing along.

5 comments:

crazierinreallife said...

Mr. Twain must have been speaking of the time he spent in Ct when he came up with this quote.

but I love love love the weather changes

Flapsi said...

Same here - at least 4 seasons in every day!!

Barb said...

Totally like that in WI. You can't leave without a coat and sweater in the morning, but by noon you're sweating.

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Susanne, Mr. Twain is so right. Another cold, raw rainy day here in New England. I hope the windy city shares it's nice weather with us.

Mel said...

We saw the 70's!
It was GREAT.

Only, we all know how schizophrenic spring is in Iowa. LOL

I wonder if we can get Mother Nature on anti-psychotics and call it good to go? ;-)