Friday, April 27, 2007

Don't get between me and mysleep

"The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late."
~Charles Caleb Colton


My performance drops tremendously when my sleep is disrupted. Luckily, I am pretty good at stocking up some reserve energy, just in case. And I'm fairly good at putting on a good front and faking it. But, there's a limit to the usefulness of those two talents. At some point, I have to pay the piper, and give in to my need for rest. I take a long time to "unpack my brain" at the end of the day. It's not that I'm worried about anything, it just takes me a while to sift through the miscellanea and move on into unconsciousness. It doesn't help that the slightest change in noise level ... or pressure from a cat's paw ... or bundle of wrinkles beneath me ... all will wake me up!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I absolutely HATE nite-nite time.
And I require a minimal amount of sleep.

But every once in a while, I crash and burn and actually sleep 6 to 8 hours.
It scares me. LOL