Sunday, April 22, 2007

Life-long connectionis

My brother and I actually had very little sibling rivalry. But we also had many conversations where we talked AT one another. It wasn't a single, two-way conversation, it was two parallel, one-way conversations. We are very much wired differently.

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

Despite, that, though, we do share wonderful memories. And silly ones, too. We not only share private family jokes, we have jokes that make sense only to the two of us. My sweetie thought this was unique among twins, but we've demonstrated that is not the case. All I have to say to my brother is, "Oh, look...ROCKS!" and we just giggle. I have the same thing with my cousin...I can just say "MEATCAKE!" and she'll crack up. It's wonderful to have life-long connections with people.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Out of five siblings (all half siblings) it's my sister and I who have a language all of our own.

She can finish my thoughts--and oft time starts them for me.