Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pot of Gold

"Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them."

----John Shirley

And this weekend is almost half gone ... but it is oh, so, succulent. *grin* Today was the first day in a long time that I didn't already have the whole weekend day mapped out. And it was glorious. I got an early start because I had to pick up the plants I ordered from the Arboretum, and then the rest of the day was just wide open. I spent more than an hour, just aimlessly surfing the web, guilt-free. Then, my sweetie & I went out -- for lunch, to the bookstore, and to the movies. Just awesome. Definitely a pot of gold at the end of my rainbows.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Every once in a while the Big Guy gives me a 'free day'.....and it's always, always glorious.

I'm glad for your free day. Sounds like it was just what you needed.

Bookstore!
MUST go to bookstore....
:-)

Dawn Lindstrom said...

I am so glad you both had a wonderful carefree day together. Unfortunately, those days are very few and far between for me!