Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hush, brain. Hush.

I really need this quote right now, at 2:50 am:

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
-----Confucius

Why? Well, for one, I suspect tomorrow, with noticeably less sleep than I want or need, I will be going fairly slowly. For another, it is a good reminder to me as I embark upon a rather overwhelming stage of my medieval longsword training. For our final class next Monday, we take the leap from theory to application. I got a small taste of it this evening, in the form of a drill. And I learned that my body is nowhere as responsive as it needs to be. And, at 2:00 am, I learned that my brain is very aware of that, and is doing everything in its power to come up with various scenarios so I will be more prepared. I think I just need to tell myself, "Self, hush. Even if you go slowly next week, as long as you do not stop, you will learn. That is all you need to concern yourself with." It's just hard, realizing that I really only have counters for one of nine different types of attacks. Or that although I "have" the counters, they only work if I realize what I need to do and do it fast enough. *shaking head in dismay* Brain, hush.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Confucius was one smart dude.

I do not have the most cooperative brain on the planet. I ask nice and then try ordering/demanding.

Nope.
Defiant thing!

*crossing fingers and sending good thoughts*
2am is prime time for that committee in my head to hold a board meeting, too.

At two a.m. I skip asking nice. LOL