Monday, April 23, 2007

No perfect choice.

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

Today I am feeling extraordinarily imperfect. My quads, calves, and back are definitely operating at less-than-perfect standards. I'd say most days they're at about 95% ... today, it's maybe 20%. I'm trying to look beyond the imperfections, but it's really bugging me. It puts me in a position I dislike intensely: deciding whether it's better to push myself or better to rest. I really struggle with this decision tree. I used to have a default mode of pushing myself, and I learned that it wasn't the smartest or healthiest option, especially when it was employed willy-nilly. But, if I rest, will that be a decision I'm pleased with, or will I regret it later? I seek balance: to be happy with either choice, because the reality is neither choice is a perfect one. Some days, decisions are easy. Today, though, is not one of those days.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, now this one is a keeper.

I'm one who embraces the imperfections cuz they make us/it uniquely what we/it are (or is that is).

Darn good thing spelling, grammar and punctuation don't count on Mondays!

Anonymous said...

Love this quote thanks for sharing!

Flapsi said...

Fab quote - definitely one to remember!