Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Around every corner

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale" -- unknown

Oh, I am a big-time romantic. And I admit it: I live a fairy tale life. I've gotten where I am through enduring brutal hardships, fighting fire-breathing dragons, and scaling mountains of despair. And the reward I have reaped is worth it, a thousand times over. I am a believer in magic, stardust, and pixies. One only has to open one's eyes to see that "ordinary" life is anything but. Around every corner lurk wonderful possibilities, if we only have the courage to edge forward. Allow yourself to be caught up in the moment, totally enraptured, and then you'll have a fairy tale, too.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

oh i love this post!

i had to hop over and check out your blog after your valentine's day comment that my girl greta posted.

great blog :)

from another major romantic.

kaj said...

Oh, man. I could really use a fairy godmother right now. Pixie dust wouldn't be so bad, either.

Mel said...

Gosh--as one who was a 'disbeliever' in fairy tales and romance.....I now eat crow. LOL

It was a GREAT thing to discover how bassackwards I had it all and how wrong I had been!

Happy Valentines Day!

Debra said...

love this quote, life is all about the moment :)