Sunday, February 4, 2007

Enh.

Over at A Fancy Word for Simple, this is today's quote:

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score"? -- Vince Lombardi

We were asked to write about our feelings regarding football. I don't know if apathy can be considered a feeling. If anything, it's an anti-feeling...but that pretty much sums up my feelings (or lack thereof) regarding football. I find it to be unengaging, dull, and repetitive. Then again, I also find baseball and basketball to be cut from the same cloth. I'm just not sports-minded. Or maybe it doesn't seem challenging enough. I mean, I get the whole physical endurance & strength thing -- and the working-as-part-of-a-team thing ... and a little bit of the strategy thing. But for the most part, sports just don't grab me.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I totally agree :)

Mel said...

I can't sit still for 30 minutes of anything...I'm just not made that way.

Sports---only if it's a good excuse for celebration of some sort.
(and only then for the treats! LOL)