Sunday, February 25, 2007

Play nice?

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.
-Clint Eastwood

Reasonable? Hm. I don't know. I think I'm awfully reasonable. I mean, what's the opposite of reasonable? Unreasonable? I don't think I'd like to hear "You're being so unreasonable!" It just sounds like I'm being unfair ... asking for someone to play favorites ... or asking for something beyond the pale. I guess I can get the humor of this, in context, but the more I think about it, the more I think that "being reasonable" is a way to get along with others, to play nice, and to be considerate.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Uh oh.
I could be in trouble.
I think I relate!

It's not that I'm 'unreasonable'--just difficult to reason WITH.
Apparently I have my own way of looking at things and I'm a bit...opinionated? I like the word 'decided'. LOL Sounds nicer?

What can I say--I'm an alien.
;-)