Sunday, February 11, 2007

Subtleties

Today's quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"It feels good to finally be talking about something that we care about." -Martie Maguire

I spend most of my conversation time talking about things I care about! Not in terms of political issues or world news or hometown dramas, but about the people I love, the causes I value, and the beliefs I uphold. I am not a huge fan of people getting up on a soapbox and yammering away, so I try to be sure that I keep it at a conversational level. Some people seem to just have an "on" switch & a one-track mind. I find them to be dull and lifeless, even if they come across as "all fired up" about their particular issue. I'd rather have someone be multi-dimensional & subtle, so I try to be that way, too!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Diversity is good!

I'm a bit--passionate about a few things....mostly about people's lives.

Truth be told, I'm not certain I know what 'subtle' is?