Friday, February 23, 2007

The pulse of my life

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace--a connection to what matters.

-Oprah Winfrey

I picked "joy" as my word for 2007, for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, it is a feeling that I treasure, and one that I am blessed to experience many times in a given week. I try to consistently refine "what matters," which changes for me from time to time. There are some things in my life that are vitally important, no matter what, and to these elements, I strive to be connected all the time. Then there are things that matter at some times and not at others -- I try to stay in synch with this, not clinging on to things that once mattered, but no longer do. I also know that I find joy in small things -- savoring baby goldfish crackers ... fingering the earrings I bought in Wales ... glancing through my longsword manual ... smelling the fragrant lilies from Valentine's Day ... listening to Serendipity's purr. I think that one of the best things about being connected is that I can truly feel the pulse of my life, beating strongly, carrying me forward to new adventures.

5 comments:

Mel said...

"...one of the best things about being connected is that I can truly feel the pulse of my life, beating strongly, carrying me forward to new adventures."

I'll just say 'yup'.

And smile, of course..... :-)

Eleni Gratsia said...

True, very true!!

I like where you are at Suzanne!

Guinevere said...

You have lifted me up and made me smile!

marge said...

This is very true. I am smiling now.

kaj said...

Joy! Joy! Joy!