Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Perfection's too constricting!

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.

-Anna Quindlen

I've never been one for perfection, and I've always been very keen on the idea of being my own individual. Perfection, to me, seems overly dull and sanitary. So much of the cookie-cutter-sameness that runs rampant in so many lives. I feel genuinely sad for people who are pressured into conformity and semi-perfection. It just seems so constrictive. I'd rather play with finger paints and get all messy and have plain ol' fun than have a perfectly painted masterpiece.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Fingerpaints!!!
*thinking of where I put the darn things*

"If you want anything done right, do it yourself" STILL applies in some areas of my life, unfortunately.....but OH how I love fingerpaints and colouring outside the lines!!!