Friday, February 16, 2007

I count myself lucky in the friend department.

Today's Quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

"I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar." Robert Brault


I like this quote! My schedule is almost always jam-packed, and my friends and I have learned the value of putting things down, way in advance, to make sure we find time for one another in our busy lives. We are all active, interesting people, with lots of things going on. I hadn't thought about the friends who don't consult their calendars ... but then I remembered moments with friends that were totally unplanned, and the pure joy in that "Hey, I miss you" (even if we just saw each other 72 hours ago!) "I'm in the neighborhood. Do you want to get together?" It doesn't happen often, but I count myself extraordinarily lucky to be able to count four different friends with whom this has happened in the recent past. It is just such a warm-fuzzy to have delightful friends like this. I cherish them so very much!

I also have friends that if I lived closer to them, I suspect we'd be popping in and out of each others homes all the time. Maybe if I moved to Palm Harbor, East Longmeadow, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Phoenix, or Dudley, I'd find out! *grin*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly lucky to have such close, good friends. I had to comment on how much I like your comment about, if you hesitate before hitting the snooze button are you lazy!
I have to chuckle at that, and it does give room for thought.
Bill - Dying Man's Daily Journal.

Mel said...

I TRY to keep a calendar...and then there's 'if you wanna hear G-d laugh, tell Him your plans'. LOL

He does a very good job of keeping me where I need to be.
And I LIKE running hither and yon, really I do...

kaj said...

I wish you were in Palm Harbor! LOL! What if we had met each other when you lived in Clearwater??? Would we have been friends??
I have a really full calendar and I am pretty anal about what gets scheduled. I do have a good friend from high school that I love to get together with. We only have to send a quick email that says....lunch. This ususally ends up in a quick lunch planned that lasts over an hour with us laughing, talking, sharing and of course driving our server nuts.

Anonymous said...

oh maaaan - what a thought - Susanne in da 'burgh! That'd be wild - I think I'd get out more LOL. You actually kept me sane this weekend at my mom's and you weren't even there. Thank you!