Saturday, February 10, 2007

No fear!

Today's quote from A Fancy Word for Simple:

I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life -- and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do. -- Georgia O'Keefe

I am somewhat stymied by this quote, because I have been blessed to feel very little fear in my life. I am scared of rollercoasters ... I just don't like the intensity of the physical and emotional experience. *pause* *reflect* *pause* I really can't think of anything else that scares me. Oh, I don't like straight razors. I've seen too many movies where they become menacing and deadly. Horror movies in general, like rollercoasters, are scary. I just don't need the in-your-face intensity of them. But my life is just peachy without rollercoasters and horror movies. And I will go on some rather tame rollercoasters ... and I'll watch the Alien series of films, which I consider to be pretty scary, and I like them. So, all in all, I would have to honestly say I don't harbor any secret fears.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'da been hard pressed to own a whole lot of fears in my life, too.

Only now I know them to be aplenty--but I'm stubborn like that. LOL Much rather be anything BUT fearful.

Tangible fears? Junebugs.

*shuddering*
ACK!!!

kaj said...

I thought you were afraid of dental floss. LOL!