Thursday, February 15, 2007

Going in swinging?

Quote of the day from A Fancy Word for Simple:

These five fingers... individually, they're nothing. But when I curl them together like this into a single unit, they form a weapon that is terrible to behold!
-Lucy, Peanuts

I dunno. I can think of more formidable weapons, like a scathing word ... or financial ruin. People who go in swinging always seem to have a bit of the reckless berserker streak in them...and I try very hard not to be reckless. It seems so impulsive, so messy, so .. crazy. I don't mind being whimsical or spontaneous, but when it comes to something that could do someone genuine harm, I think it's vital to slow way WAY down and seriously contemplate the consequences of my actions. So, I am not very much like Lucy ... well, except for her entrepreneurial spirit of setting up a shack for 5 cent advice ... I think I am much more like Snoopy, full of dreams.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Boy...was a time I related well to Lucy.
Today, I'm thinking I'm more like Linus......though himself would say I'm much more like Snoopy cuz I'm happy dancin' ALL the time!