Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Outside my comfort zone

Today's Question from A Fancy Word for Simple:

What makes you comfortable?

Comfort is relative. It is also dangerous, at times. Ya gotta venture outside your comfort zone, you know? I like being cozy and snug, in many aspects of my life, but there's a point where too much comfort is a decidedly Bad Thing (tm). Comfort means that we aren't stretching, we aren't paying attention. I'd rather be uncomfortable and growing, than comfortable and stagnant. Besides, the constant shifting of my life means I always have new comfort zones to explore, and, eventually, to abandon.

4 comments:

Barb said...

My job is all about helping people to make changes. This idea--being too in your comfort zone to change--is something I've thought about a lot.

Nicole said...

Good way to turn it around and think differently than the norm. Good points!

Mel said...

Can't I grow AND be comfy at the same time?

Please? LOL

Georgia said...

I like how you took a different turn on this one. It's great to see another perspective on things.