Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Truly Amazing!

I am combining a realization I had tonight while posting away at House of Paper, and the Quote of the Day from A Fancy Word for Simple:

“I never want to hear that song again. I cannot stand it. I'm allergic to it.” -Simon Cowell

You know what? There are ENOUGH things in the world to not like. I mean, I can sit around all day, be cranky and not like things, people, experiences, and it doesn't expand my world one bit. What is the use of being critical and irritable. Be appreciative of the things that go well...the things that are beautiful...the things that enrich our existences! There are so many small things that enhance my life -- all I have to do is stroll through my home and I find:

I am excited about the beautiful new bracelet I bought for myself * Chiara made me a lovely paper clip * Jacquie's Valentine's Day card is on top of my display case, next to Diane's quilted card * I bought something cute for sethro I want to send her * * I increased my stuffed animal collection by one last month, and I don't regret it one bit * I love those "kiss" stamps the post office put out * My lip balm makes my lips shiny and minty-tingly * I love having fresh flowers in the house * the cats haven't pooped, peed, or vomited on the carpet in almost 2 weeks * I don't own a hamster * I am looking forward to another White Elephant exchange this weekend * I've been having a blast going through old (c. 1995) videotapes * I am so happy I own an iPod for my excursions to the gym * Supervillain University is shaping up nicely * I am having tons and tons of fun with my leftover scrapbook stuff and feel awesome about using up my stash *

I reflect on my relationships with those I care about and realize:

I am looking forward to going to Cape Cod to see sethro, birdie, Dawn, and Johnna * Jenn's blog almost always cracks me up * I have been enjoying all my outings with my friends this week *
I am sending hugs galore out to toos, mrsW, and kaj * My parents are just awesome people* My baby brother and I share a wonderful relationship * The love of my life sits a mere four feet away from me, and I could kiss him deeply, passionately if the mood struck me. [I just paused and did so, there. That was oh, so nice.]* Our cats are unbelievably affectionate* I find friends in the most amazing places* Jill is just too fun, too generous, and too sweet for her own good *

I mean, who cares about the stuff that doesn't go well? Enough already. Pay attention to the stuff that's truly amazing about our lives, even the tiny things that we could so easily take for granted.

edit: Now, my sweetie says I can kiss him more, if I need it for inclusion in my blog. Be right back... *grin*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this so much, you really made me sit back after a few crazy days and look at what went right and what I am greatful for, THANKS!

Paula J Atkinson said...

You certainly made me think.
I have been down as I miss my BIL who died a few years ago & it is making me cranky at the same time. The crankyiness is making me unhappier than the grief!!!
I had a rubbish weekend & hardly got anything scrapped & it always feels such a waste of time sat unable to do things then Im stuck at work all week. but, at least i have work!!!
Love the bracelet.

Ramona said...

Hi Suzanne, You are right, look at the amazing things, not the bad ones. That's what I do all the time and what I try to teach my children (and my SIL, because she always wastes precious time searching for obstacles, even when there are none to be found...) And I just experienced something truly unexpected and amazing. I'm a Top 50 finalist at the Making Memories Idol contest. I still can't believe it. On Monday voting starts for the 1st challenge. I hope I will get to the next round, but even if I don't- being chosen to the top 50 is already more than I hoped for. (Of course a little help with the voting would be much appreciated. So go and tell everyone to vote for me on Monday!)

Debra said...

love your list.. it is all about the details... heart your bracelt too..:)

Mel said...

:-)

Atta girl!

Go kiss him again! LOL

Anonymous said...

Loving the contrast between this and dopey ol Martha Washington from feb 19. She was all "be shallow and in denial and whitewash everything". You're all "take an active role in shaping your attitude - make choices there's a lot of good stuff out there!" I'm gonna try to incorporate some of that into my otherwise angsty/irritable self :) xo

kaj said...

Thank you, Susanne!