Thursday, February 1, 2007

Obsession vs. Passion

I'm thinking about it multiple times a day. I review it in my head when I have a spare moment. I am soaking up information about it, like a dry sponge. I can't wait to get more. I am dreaming about it. I am waking up with more ideas, more questions, and I feel compelled to get answers and to see if my intuition is correct.

So, is it an obsession or a passion?

Obsession is defined as: (a) the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc. (b) Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety (c) an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone.

Well (a) is on the money, but I'd have to say that (b) doesn't fit, because this is definitely wanted. And (c) also doesn't fit, because it's not unhealthy.

Passion is defined as: (a) strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything (b) Boundless enthusiasm (c) an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.

And I'd have to say that (a) is right on the money, as is (b) [Just ask Kim, Chris, Jason, or Ken ... they'll tell you how I look when I talk about it], and as for (c), it certainly is irresistible, but I am not sure it's irrational.

For now, I'll have to say that it's my new passion. And it borders on obsession.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

kay. are we talking heroes or snow? or do i not want to know? ;)

Latharia said...

We are talking about neither Heroes nor snow. And you can want to know. It's nothing awful, I promise.

Anonymous said...

Oh I know what this is.... *wink*

*Paula* said...

Ok. I'm curious! :o